Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring

We're now 3 weeks into spring, my second favorite season of the year. Summer, I'll admit is my favorite season. I really enjoy the warm weather. What I love about spring is that it works it's way from cold weather to nice crispy warm weather. Anyhow, that's the way it generally is here in the U.S.


Spring is that season in which the flowers bloom brightly in the fields. When birds are building nests and chirping gleefully. Some days it's cold enough to snow and other days are full of sunshine.



When I was a child one of my favorite games was leap frog. I have vague memories of playing with one of my childhood friends. I would bend deep in the knees and then suddenly spring up and forward in a thrust over my friends back.



Boi-yoi-yoing... A spring is an elastic sort of device generally made of steel. Smaller springs can be wound from pre-hardened stock, while larger ones must be made of a softened steel which is hardened after production. A spring has an uncountable amount of uses. You find them in machinery, automobiles, toys, appliances, furniture, shoes, clothing, garage doors, etc.


Springs have been used throughout the history of humankind. The earliest springs were bows were simple non coiled springs such as the bow. Coiled springs appeared sometime in the 15th century. Can you imagine just how revolutionary this discovery/invention was? I wonder if there were any governments that were against the idea of the spring because it was some silly scientific finding and/or theory. Springs changed our way of life. They made many things easier to handle. They gave us more security as the earliest coil springs were used in locks. The spring exudes force and energy as it is stretched and released.

 Tom Waits - You Can Never Hold Back Spring (2005)

Rammstein - Spring (Jump) (2005)

Donna Summer - Spring Affair (1977)


SPRING

1 comment:

  1. great post. theres even a spring in my pen.
    (now why cant i write?)

    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...