Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sunshine

Dark cold stormy rainy days can be appealing to me. I can really enjoy snuggling up in a warm blanket next to a roaring fireplace watching a good movie as I hear the pouring rain outside my window. Somehow that brings me reminiscent sort of comfort. But after a while the cold wet whether gets very old and I long for the warmth of a sunny day.

I was born and have lived in Southern California all my life, so I am a warm weather person. I love the sunshine. I love waking up in the morning to see hints of sunlight peaking through my windows. It brings me a sense of cheer and joy. I become jubilant and feel alive with the feel of the sun on my face.

Sunshine (which is also known as sunlight) is the total frequency spectrum of electromagnetic radiation given off by the Sun (this is the wikipedia description).



One of the best times I've ever experienced is taking a leisurely drive to the neighborhood park to enjoy a relaxing picnic lunch and take in the sunshine. Sitting on the beach watching the waves crash to shore as the heat of the sun hits my body brings me a peace of mind that is like no other. I live for the sunshine.

Dictionary Definitions:
the shining of the sun; direct light of the sun.
 

brightness or radiance; cheerfulness or happiness.
 

a source of cheer or happiness.
 

the effect of the sun in lighting and heating a place.
 





SUNSHINE

2 comments:

  1. nice :) I love sunshine the way you include vids is nice to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sunshine up here in the still cold weather it was much needed. We enjoy the vids reminds of things we have forgotten and new things to explore.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...